Migration to the Сloud with vCloud Availability
vCloud Availability enables businesses to quickly and securely migrate between clouds and on-premises, as well as quickly restore business processes in the event of disaster or force majeure in the primary data center.
vCloud Availability migration
vCloud Availability is VMware's powerful solution that enables flexible migration and disaster recovery between a customer site on the VMware vSphere/VMware vCloud Director platform and provider clouds on the VMware vCloud Director platform.
With vCloud Availability, you can easily, cost-effectively and with maximum security migrate virtual machines from customer infrastructure to a provider's cloud environment and back again, creating backups in the cloud for quick recovery in case of disasters. Migration is accomplished with minimal downtime and no data loss.
VMware vCloud Availability addresses the following challenges:
- Migrating virtual machines from premises to the cloud
- Migrating virtual machines between vCloud Director sites
- Migrating virtual machines from the cloud provider site to the customer site
- Automated replication to the cloud or customer premises with flexible RPO\RTO options
- Migration management from a VMware vSphere interface
- Replication and disaster recovery in the cloud
How to migrate to the cloud
VMware vCloud Availability virtual machine migration is convenient, fast, and secure.
It is performed in a few steps:
Cold and hot migrations.
Benefits of cloud migration and disaster recovery
- vCloud Availibality is VMware's proprietary mechanism
- Fast and efficient
- No capital outlay
- Easy deployment and testing
- Possibility to build multi-cloud solutions
- Two Tier III datacenters
- Expertise in selecting the best solution
- DRP (disaster recovery plan)
In the case of Cloud-To-Cloud migration, vCloud Director must be installed on the client's side.